NOTE: If some people is looking for yet another short version article of Enda Kenny’s time in top elected office, full of convenient matters deliberate skipped over, this is NOT the article for them. This is a greater detailed version of why Enda Kenny is a perfect example of political system change that is needed – and why it’s long, long overdue.
Download the PDF version – Click HERE
The Other Side – Away From Fine Gael PR And Its Biased Media.
Over the next few months, years and possible decades, the PR spinning of Enda Kenny’s time in office will be put forth as a man that led Ireland through some tough times. This is true – he did lead the country. There are also many glossed up PR versions of Enda Kenny’s supposed ‘pure glowing’ time served in government office – but that have clearly, deliberately, glossed over many of his own historic antics, party antics he stood by. They have all too conveniently, quickly by-passed more that he allowed, non-investigated and skipped over in many double-standard, self-defeating actions.
If for once, the full truth was told by Fine Gael PR spin artists and if the eyes of many deliberate blind supporters opened their eyes, they all might admit he led Ireland by threats, bullying a nation, abusing the state political system, giving too much away – secretly – to others beyond our borders and even within it. They might admit Ireland lost more a further right of self-determination, financial amount of lost public revenue and far, far more.
The future history of Enda Kenny as it will be stated by RTE and others in whitewash attempt, might turn out to be something complete different to the full true reality of the Enda years.
To many – and there is many – that have suffered because of Enda Kenny’s term in office, the wonderful praises heaped on Enda Kenny upon his eventual resignation, was and still is, simply sickening to hear and read in print. It is like a slap in the face, to those that have suffered and will continue to suffer, because of Enda Kenny and what he allowed to pass. A man that also in truth, many consider to be another hidden traitor to Ireland and its people.
In the article below, an extensive one, UnitedPeople will state why many people in Ireland and beyond it are refusing to blindly swallow the current PR whitewash or deliberate shortened version of Enda Kenny and his track history. Fine Gael supporters will obviously challenge any opinion voiced below. That is their right. They cannot argue with clear facts however. All they can so with those, is what they have been doing for two Enda terms – try spin them yet again.
So It Begins…
When Fine Gael came to power in 2011 there was great words of a “democratic revolution” – within weeks however, it became obvious that Fine Gael taking control of the state, was going to subject it instead, to more of the previous same. There would be no democratic revolution. There would be more ‘old politics’ PR spun as supposed ‘new politics’.
Truthfully, Enda Kenny did at times, have moments of greatness. There was the Dail damning speech he made, rightly criticising the Vatican after the damning Cloyne report and the abuses that took place involving it. There was the state apology made towards the victims of those that suffered at the hands of Magdalene organisation. There were other instances like this that gave opportunity for Enda to shine.
Sadly, Enda however was his own worst enemy in the end. He would do such few great things – then later in contradictory action, aid the same people and organisations he criticised, let their culprits escape criminal prosecution – then allow financial gains to be made by same.
- Enda would let the religious organisation get away without paying even half of the total €1.4 Billion bill they left the Ireland people with. The people once again, would be left with that part of the compensation bill also.
- Enda would allow a €300+ Million maternity hospital (public paid for) to be handed over to same religious organisations for a ‘virtual song’.
- Enda would stand quietly by while he and others in Fine Gael were all too knowing about how a religious organisation was closed-door, stacking a new maternity hospital board of directors, in its favour.
- Enda and Fine Gael would support other TD’s into being forced yet again, to stand for religious prayer (if this was tried anywhere outside the Dail, it would be a possible legal case of religious discrimination).
- Enda and Fine Gael party would see that they should have been a criminal prosecution (crime after the fact) of Cardinal Brady, who for 13+ years refused to go to Garda, telling anything of what he knew regarding a serial sex abuser in his midst – and that the sex abuser was possible still active (which he apparently was for some time).
Just when you thought there might be flashes of greatness that would last a test of time, Enda immediate actions afterwards or much later, would stomp on the earlier opportunities to show Ireland that politicians could in fact, be great again. When it came foot actions, as we shall soon see, Enda too, often suffered from an own ‘foot in mouth’ problem, also to his regular detriment.
Take for example the supposed exit of Ireland from the Troika’s financial bailout. According to RTE and other biased media, this was the end of it all. The truth was far different. The troika in fact, would go on to still gain money from Ireland’s people yearly in absolute massive interest payments – but all this was deliberately not presented to the public by Enda and co.
Like what happened from Enda taking over in 2011, the people of Ireland once again would only get a deliberate edited version of truth. One that in fact, held back what should have been far more revealing important facts. …And this would be the way that Enda would maintain things, along with Fine Gael, to this very day.
(The irony is not lost about criticisms Enda made towards now President Trump – when Enda’s often own news, was not exactly the full truthful version either!)
One example: in trying to convince people that the public should yet again, pay for their water a third or fourth time – at the same time as already paying for it other ways – Enda would try through biased media, to convince people that if they didn’t cough up, the state would be fined by the EU for not obeying EU directives.
- While trying on this con-job, what Enda and co deliberate left out, was the fact that they were quite happy to continue (to today) take public money in order to pay EU fines being already imposed. Why? Only because Enda and Fine Gael under his leadership, imposed the EU court questioned VRT charge on vehicles in the Irish state. On one hand Enda was telling people to obey the EU or else fines would be imposed – but quietly, Enda was himself defying the EU, spending public money to pay still imposed regular fines. The public yet again, here too, was kept in the dark about all this. Still is!
In the same above broadcast that he implied that the Troika was completely gone out of Irish affairs, he also spoke about how Ireland was supposedly “moving in the right direction” and it was the “first of many years (again) where Ireland’s independent was intact“.
That sounded great to the masses of TV tuned in ears of course. Shortly thereafter, Fine Gael got a bump in the polls – as sought by the party. However, once again reality was far different in the background, to what was being PR spun to the national public across their TV screens in whitewash.
What Fine Gael was not telling, regarding Ireland’s supposed independence, was the party along with their then coalition partners, signed the state deeper into an EU army – along with a further arms race Ireland now would become involved in. This matter involves some detail. Therefore, for those interested in this one topic, they should click HERE – and discover how on one hand Enda was saying Ireland was gaining independence back, while on the other quiet sneaky hand – one he was not showing to the nation – was completely giving it away in sovereignty and in massive financial weapons buying terms.
In the same broadcast that he made just before Christmas that year, he also stated that Ireland would never have its stability undermined by the speculation and greed of others. As we know now, later, after a number of PR attempts to look like they are going something to ensure this, vulture funds are still running riot and kicking people out of their homes across Ireland, housing prices are continuing to soar, rental prices are also walloping upwards and the number of homeless in one year alone previous, has increased 100%.
Again, Enda’s spoken words not reflecting reality – and this is even before we get to the section detailing some of his other ‘foot in mouth’ official tall tales told!
When Enda Kenny did speak, much to the regular fear and horror of his own party members, his versions of events as experienced by himself, was often different every time he told it – and even complete fiction (again). Take for example, his most recent fiction and multiple version of events surrounding the bullying of Maurice McCabe.
There was the complete imagined conversation between himself and Zappone regarding the matter (this fiction was media buried as each feared causing a sudden national election, such was the scandal over this fiasco alone – so the matter was quietly dropped).
Then there were the three different versions of previous events, surrounding what Enda Kenny knew, by whom and when… Three different versions of those matters would come forth from Enda. It got to the point where even the best of Irish journalists was confused as to what parts told, was the actual truth! If the journalists were confused, the further public of Ireland was left scratching their heads also, at the whole fiasco.
Some were left thinking “This is the man that is still being allowed lead the country?” Indeed, it was. Fianna Fail didn’t want to create a general election situation (short version: so they could gain in other ways). Enda Kenny therefore, again was allowed be held unaccountable, for that national unfunny farce too. One where in and outside the Dail, his ‘stretching of truth’ was an understatement!
Enda Kenny leaves office having inherited his seat from his father in Mayo. First elected in 1975, his exiting from office leaves Ireland just as much divided as when he entered it. He exits having led Ireland into the greatest housing crises and homeless crises since the foundation of the Irish state and under his tenure at the helm, matters in each grew far worse than ever. That’s not opinion – it’s statistical fact.
Ten years ago, he promised to end one scandal, that being people on hospital trolleys. Looking at reality again and verified statistics, the stretcher numbers have mushroomed hugely and hospital delays have gone way beyond a previous historic point – one that was an already previous recognised “national emergency”. Fact.
More fact is that five years ago, Enda was warned about the impending housing crises. What did he do? He led Fine Gael to make matters even far more worse. For a start, besides creating the legal conditions that allowed more private gamblers and vultures to swoop in, he led the political charge to give banks even more opportunities to evict people from their homes in the hundreds of thousands – and once he had created the changes in the law to do this far quicker, the banks then took up his gift opportunity and an already growing crises, got far, far worse. Enda didn’t stop there however with his Fine Gael party. In order to satisfy the banks, he then saw it brought about that another court system be created, to facilitate all these eventual evictions.
On RTE camera however, he spoke about how shocking events had taken a turn and spoke about how his party alone, was going to tackle the still growing problem. Meanwhile, in the background, he was leading Fine Gael in only making matters far worse. Of course, biased media conveniently glossed over this part of the whole fiasco, all too often. Convenient? Absolutely. The public was at times successfully give a whitewash here too about matters of critical national importance. Accident? Absolutely not.
Cronyism and Nepotism.
On March 9th , 2011, Enda Kenny was elected leader of the Fine Gael & Labour government. His own family was there in the Dáil, sitting in the public gallery to see Mr Kenny rise and then speak. At 2.05pm in the afternoon, Mr Kenny spoke the following words:
“Our lives and our futures are predicated on one thing, that’s the truth. That’s why today I enter into a covenant with the Irish people, in this current (economic) crises, still full of many unknowns, honesty is not just our best policy, it is our only policy.”
His government promised to do many things. One of them was to:
“…sever the links between politics and business once and for all and, in doing so, stop the further pollution of our society; re-establish a moral code and order regarding public life; and through that, restore public confidence in politics and government.”
Whatever his PR intention was, in reality, it didn’t happen. In fact, things seem not only continue, going in the opposite direction but at times become worse. For example, questions, if not eyebrows, have been at least raised over the following, just under an Enda Kenny government alone:
- Darragh Loftus (neighbour of Enda Kenny) to the board of Solas, state agency.
- Mr Loftus’ sister, Jennifer, being appointed to the board of An Post by then-Communications Minister, Pat Rabbitte.
- John McNulty, a Donegal businessman, appointed to the board of the Irish Museum of Modern Art (IMMA) – a situation involving again Enda Kenny which resulted in him actually taking the blame for something he did wrong – and then denying it the next day.
- Henry Minogue to the board of Bus Eireann. Minogue was recently selected to contest the local elections as a Fine Gael candidate in Castleknock, Leo Varadkar’s own ward.
- SIX positions were alone made by a Minister Jimmy Deenihan. Some in contravention to an established formal application process. They were Dr Ciara Breathnach, Mr Ted Creedon, Ms Catherine Heaney, Dr Fidelma Mullane, Mr Michael Parsons and Dr Kieran O’Conor. Some of those chosen must have earned their place without question – however neither former Labour Party press officer Catherine Heaney or Fidelma Mullane, a close friend of President Higgins, submitted formal applications but were nevertheless were strangely chosen to sit on a Heritage Council board despite other 76 people doing the right professional thing and applying for the available positions through the proper procedure’s – only to be overlooked for all their good efforts.
- John Moran and his appointment to Secretary-General position, €85,000 was spent meanwhile on an official headhunt. He later resigned. (Was he the fall-guy for how the government managed to overstate its debt liabilities by more than €3.6 billion?)
- Carol, wife of recent Labour Party leader and coalition partner, Eamon Gilmore, becoming a policy specialist on further education in the Department of Education. a job that came with a massive €92,000 instant wage and nice pension to further boot. No tendering of the job, no advertising of the vacant position. Just slotted in quietly.
- Patrica Ryan, hired by Labour junior minister Kathleen Lynch, position “Special advisor”. Ms Ryan who was forced to previously resign from her €120,000 wage role as CEO of a Limerick project after a series of exposing articles raised certain issues, later gained another top job without even an interview, at a time when even the board was being chaired by former PD (Progressive Democrat) TD Pat Cox. Ms Ryan having also worked for Mr Cox and for then PD TD Mary Harney too. For less than a year in the later job, she was paid €83,250 in wages. Initially €700 per day.
- Fine Gael TD Phil Hogan even hired his own brother to the board of Irish Water. Prior to Mr Hogan himself being later rewarded for his “Irish Water” efforts and more, then himself being given a massive plum job/wages/pension rights over in the EU Headquarters in Europe!
- Heather Humphrey’s appointment of a fellow Fine Gael councillor to the board of IMMA also raised a few eyebrows. The appointment was judged by some to be an attempt to improve Seanad chances!
The list could continue onward. More people were awarded positions under highly questionable circumstances. Whatever was promised in PR words by the then Fine Gael leader, fact was different from his PR fiction. It should be noted to that all this was signed off by his coalition partners who regular played their own part in the shenanigans too. They too did same and at times, also just remained silent about the whole carry on, allowing it and still propping up the Fine Gael leader.
Former FG strategist Frank Flannery said that cronyism in Ireland was “the Ebola of Irish Politics“. It seems still that the disease is not only existing and even worse, allowed exist – but as of this publication being released, still continuing with little or no genuine efforts to combat the whole situation.
To quote Journal.ie on January 24th, 2013 – article “Column: Scandal over state board appointees shows there is reform in name only“:
“Although board positions are open to all citizens, 74 per cent of board members surveyed by the Institute of Directors feel that the appointment process is still unfair and not transparent. One anonymous respondent described the advertising as ‘total window-dressing’, which ‘so far, has made no difference’.” …and… “At time of appointment, 40 per cent of current board members say the skills requirements of the position were not discussed with them.”
“Corruption, and in particular political corruption, is a deeply corrosive and destructive force. While frequently perceived as a victim-less crime, in reality its victims are too many to be identified individually. Political corruption diverts public resources to the benefit of the few and at the expense of the many. It undermines social equality and perpetuates unfairness. Corruption in public office is a fundamental breach of public trust and inherently incompatible with the democratic nature of the state.”
In 2012, the Edelman Trust Barometer (www.edelman.ie) found that seven in ten Irish people didn’t trust the government leaders to tell them the truth. The report also noted that:
“Trust in Ireland is at a critical inflection point. Citizens seek leadership, clarity and solutions and don’t believe any institution is delivering on these expectations. The clear message for government is that it is perceived not to be getting its message through or listening.”
So it was then under the above suspicious circumstances and far more, that many more citizens of Ireland became not only aware of the goings on in Irish political circles but that they also grew increasingly weary of placing any trust with a local or national politician. Seriously – who could blame them?
Could Enda Kenny leading Fine Gael, have done anything to combat cronyism and nepotism as previous spoken about? Certainly. Was anything at all done? Extremely highly doubtful. The usual antics of government corruption continued – and was allowed to continue unchallenged – not one held to account or punished for such activity. Where was the “honesty is not just our best policy, it is our only policy” as spoken by Enda Kenny himself on his very first day, to all attending the Dail that day and the nation he was greater addressing. As many have subsequently found out – what Enda Kenny would say, when he did speak, was not what was reality, non-fiction or something to come.
…So the political corruption continued during his terms too, unabated and unaccountable.
Ireland currently is riding too high in the international levels of corruption, for many people’s liking. Some espouse that corruption in Ireland has grown to be of a lesser situation – while others espouse that our crooked including elected, have just grown more skilled in hiding it all. Whatever the truth, Enda Kenny and Fine Gael have in their tenure of state office so far, being expert in not telling many accurate facts and completely lying about others. Enda Kenny and co has become all too short with full information, usually feeding deliberate edited versions of truth, leaving out critical facts that they would rather a nation of people didn’t know.
To cite all examples of their ability to hide facts and misconstrue events that have happened, would likely, fill an enormous book in itself. The best we can do there is offer a few token examples. The following is just SOME of the sort of information held by Enda Kenny and his underlings, that obey his commands and sign-offs on matters.
- The country has thirty plus Dáil committees. In continuing cronyism (friends and business mates) and nepotism (family) under an Enda leadership two terms, positions on many a quango was awarded to the Enda/FG loyal. The latest example of this could be John McNulty (see HERE). QUOTE: “The now former Fine Gael leader was involved in the appointment of Mr McNulty to the board of the Irish Museum of Modern Art (IMMA), housed at the Royal Hospital, in a bid to boost his credentials ahead of a Seanad by-election.” Cronyism and nepotism continued under the reign of Enda Kenny. Some stated it got worse. There was no better accountability after questioning a few cases were exposed and Enda repeatedly didn’t appear willing to ask what the hell was going on, by whom and why! Considering he might have been involved in same, this could have come as no surprise to many!
- Ireland has sixty senators costing €200,000 a day. One of them at least (and probably not on their own) previous decided, in order for them to get to their Dublin workplace – the Seanad – they must, rather than taking a direct route as the rest of Dublin people have to do in similar trip daily, go instead by alternative route. That same person was with Enda and still is now, a top minister in the FG government. Their re-routeing going on with deliberate blinds eyes turned? Why? Because to some extent, many operate a similar operation to exploit the expenses system?
The alternative route (excuse: “to avoid certain traffic that might delay a person”) took (and still does) them completely into another constituted, zone region. The effect of they having to travel by an alternative zone, is that they can claim approx’ €29,000 extra in travel expense (versus just €9,000 they would normally be able to gain on top of their already big wage & additional perks – and they still do.
This was allowed to be let away with under Enda’s reign and apparently is still continuing. Now (to be fair) it could be counter argued that Mr Kenny can’t over see every aspect of every Dail/Seanad elected and their possible deliberate bumping of their expenses – but in retort to a counter-point, it could also be argued that Enda Kenny with Fine Gael, could have done something – anything – to stop abuse of the current political expense system. No. Nothing has been done. The SIPO (Standards In Public Office) body that needs more legislation to back it up and have greater need investigative powers, are being deliberate left without.
Deliberately? It’s a good question – as FG members in either Dublin elected house, along with other parties, have been said to be doing something similar. No rush to make changes there then?
- 2015 – 30,000 people in Ireland diagnosed with cancer. The number headed toward upwards to 40,000 for 2016. Despite these alarming raised numbers, there was under Enda, no state investigation of any description, as to why this is happening! Were certain Irish parties afraid they might upset someone, a business, or even another country? Where is the answers, why aren’t they forth coming, where is the transparency? Note also, we state “investigation” – not yet another pointless, poor outcome, no one held to account, expensive inquiry where the only winners is the legal business.
- Thanks to Enda Kenny, Fine Gael and then Labour speeding up the ability of banks to take homes off citizens – two months rather than twelve – 50,000+ more homes (families) further came under direct threat of repossession and eviction. Previously, at least, when the families had twelve months, they had time to get their act together, their finances sorted out better, time to legal challenge certain points of law. Now thanks to Enda steering and ok’ing Fine Gael policy, it’s is all still rammed through a system of extra set-up courts that a Fine Gael and previous Labour government made sure, was brought in to facilitate these quickie repossessions. Way to go Enda!
- 300,000+ empty houses in Ireland yet the country has a massive homeless problem. One being further exacerbated as banks move in and take more homes, while Enda’s government, locally then had to re-house them – eventually at cost to state further (yes, that’s you paying again).
- One in five kids going to school hungry. It was left to schools whose budgets were state repeat cut, to try cope with the problem despite the austerity cuts that Enda at the helm, imposed.
- The Dáil costs the people of Ireland between seven and eight million Euro per year for pensions of TD’s. Ones once there and some still there, are reaping the nations given cash. We shall get to what Enda himself is now to get on retirement from the Dail, later.
- €6,200,000 was given to a Rothschild bondholder. What for? To ask for advice concerning bondholders and the call for their ‘burning’ – yes, seriously! This had to have been signed off by Enda. At the very least, he had to have known about it. If he didn’t, gross incompetent? See HERE.
- When it comes to Irish Water, the company… No legal accountability is possible via the National Ombudsman. As Irish Water is outside the legal remit of the Ombudsman (was openly admitted across national airwaves by the top man himself) and his ability only to be able interject with semi-state bodies, Enda over saw to it that the public cannot hold Irish Water to account through him or the Ombudsman government department. Being poisoned by contaminated/dirty/unsafe water? An Enda led party and government has deliberately never publicised or even informed the public as to their own full rights, on the matter. Avoided. Blanked. Silence. Nothing…
- Enda saw to it that his government of FG & Labour previously quietly dropped families’ water allowances – something once used in mass promotion, to sell the idea of “Irish Water”.
The headline article went on its front page, in print that you would be blind to just miss it. It stated in the first sentence; “IRISH WATER set-up its Western headquarters in an office rented from a business part-owned by a Fine Gael councillor and key ally of Enda Kenny without a public tendering process.”
The article went into great detail describing many things including The Times finding out that a space similar to that taken by Irish Water would command rent of €25,000-€30,000 per year. It also went on to describe how the connections between the Fine Gael councillor and Enda Kenny was indeed close as they could possible get, considering they were part of the same local FG meeting group.
That was a Sunday. The next day knowing how some papers like to jump on others leads (of stories) and run with them – adding their own new found additional details – it would be normally expected such a story would spread and further develop. More about such matters would then be raised in more Irish based newspapers such as the Irish Independent, The Irish Times or The Herald, etc. After all, this was – still is – a big thing? No. There was not a word. Not a sentence, not even a hint of what The Times had uncovered. The deafening silence continues to this day. To date, that story and more, remains across Ireland more unpublished, away from the public’s eyes. Where was Enda’s truth and transparency to the people of Ireland, as first day Dail quoted? Buried – like the article!
- Then there was Enda Kenny’s decision to claim a mortgage tax perk for second home – despite previously announcing to the Irish people in a pledge that he would abolish the perk, which lets Cabinet ministers with constituencies outside Dublin claim for homes in the city, once in power. Once he got in power though that pledge quickly vanished and then he refused to give further details. The tax break allows ministers with a second home in Dublin to write off 100% of their mortgage interest and also claim for utility bills, repairs, and routine maintenance. They were in the money again and playing the expenses game to their favour once more. Had Enda decided to do something about all this, he was going to also undermine his pocket gaining potential too! All legal, not to be questioned or challenged by those taking advantage – including all in opposition too.
GMC Sierra in Ireland, thanks to Enda and co turning a blind eye, was awarded the national water meter contract by Phil Hogan – even though it didn’t legally exist until 15 days after closing date for actual bids – and still they won! Was any of this questioned? Investigated? Hell no! Enda and FG co went all along with it. Whatever it took to ram still existing, mega expensive to run, massive top perked, Irish Water down the throats of a nation through thug bullying tactics, lies and misdirection. Enda led his FG party to make this happen. It happened while yet again, each turning a convenient blind eye to matters not legal – but as the situation was to their favour, nothing about the illegality was said either in the Dail or outside it. Short version: Irish Water has been given a state role under seriously questionable and rule breaking circumstances – and Enda Kenny and FG are allowing it to continue in possible criminality.
…But you are not supposed to know all this. They sure won’t be telling you in the future, either…
Duck and Cover
There is many, many things that Enda Kenny, his PR team, his enablers and Fine Gael members, would rather the public not know or not remember. One of these busied matters is when Enda Kenny suddenly enacted a low-key status for seven days during his office term. This occurred when Denis O’Brien, a friend, was in media and instigated legal method, out to get Catherine Murphy TD for Dail exposing serious matters that was stated to the nation in their best interest.
Shortly after Catherine Murphy spoke out, Enda Kenny was little at all to be seen. He was to many reporters at the time, suddenly far more un-contactable than other occasions. This itself was remarkable ion the context that Enda Kenny had just weeks before, been one of many who travelled to Paris to express “Je Suis Charlie”. Enda would be even photographed hold a sign stating same. “Je suis Charlie” overnight became a slogan and logo created by French art director Joachim Roncin. It was adopted by supporters of freedom of speech and freedom of the press after the 7th of January 2015 Paris shooting at a magazine office.
So then we had Enda Kenny off to Paris, making sure to be seen standing up for the rights of people in free expression and right to be heard. It was great stuff for Enda directly and for Fine Gael in PR terms. Then Enda returned home… and Catherine Murphy spoke out – and was attacked in her own way…
It was Ireland’s own “Je Suis Catherine Murphy” moment – except that this time (unlike Paris), Enda Kenny and Fine Gael (Labour also) to their shame, were suddenly not around to defend their own people, their own elected right to express themselves! The double-standards of Enda and co, kicked in once more.
Non-Denis O’ Brien media reported far more, about what was going on with the attempted silencing of Catherine Murphy. They defended her legal right to raise matters in an Irish Dáil. Many in the state expected national leader Enda Kenny to at least defend Dail rights, to defend the rights of any TD within it to raise matters and to any extent, defend Catherine Murphy for seeking clarification on major national matters – but his silence was deafening before he then vanished off public radar!
There would be NO DEFENDING of rights of expression from Enda Kenny and Fine Gael whatsoever back home. In full accuracy, Fianna Fail and Labour, along with others too, would be silent also. However, Enda Kenny was the leader of the state – and if anyone was going to, supposed to, stand up and defend the rights of people, elected or not, such actions would be expected to come the then leader of a supposed democratic date. …But there was none. There was just an immediate imposed silence and then a disappearing act.
Later would come a tiny quiet token of explanation. Legal matters were being pursued and as such, nothing could be said by anyone else. This also in truth, is an understandable position/excuse to use. Again however, it should be pointed out, there was a very lengthy period where Catherine Murphy was not under any legal attack. She was just barraged with a pure negative media one (guess where the negative bulk of it came from and who had ownership shares in same papers? Nothing funny going on here – move along please). Enda Kenny or any person in government party Fine Gael, could have easily stood up and defended the rights of people at home in Ireland, to also express themselves and not live in fear of attack. No, that didn’t happen though. Defending rights of expression in Paris was one thing – in Ireland, it would be another – non-existent.
The Fine Gael party, the same party and people that had previously taken Denis O’Brien money, the Fine Gael government led by Enda, that was giving Denis O’Brien many state contracts, was suddenly all too quiet when their donating friend attacked not just a fellow elected person, but a fellow citizen of the Irish state.
After some of the media fracas had died down – but still no legal proceedings instigated yet – Enda Kenny would more public re-emerge at an event involving bottle bank bins. Even there and for a long time afterwards, before O’Brien legal proceedings were instigated, Enda Kenny would maintain a continued silence on the matter. So much for “Je Suis Catherine Murphy“…
When it comes to things you are not supposed to know or indeed, what Enda Kenny (and Fine Gael) would rather you forget, here is a few more of those items Enda Kenny was involved in, allowed happen under his watch or always had more timely blindness or deafness to.
- There was the closure of Roscommon A&E (despite claiming live on TV that he wouldn’t). He then denied ever saying it – even when shown the videotape.
- The water recharge fiasco. Outcome: people will still get bills – Irish Water still exists – water meter usage continues – still not legal accountable to the national ombudsman and a possible attempt to put “Irish Water” into the constitution is likely to be tried (so it will then be far harder to get rid of by later generations – and what if it’s privatised later, too!)
- The Magdalene and Tuam babies scandal. Under two terms of Enda, no one was held to account and the aforementioned, state instigated, burying of important information related to such things, for 75 years by government decree. Indicated by Labour and rubber stamped by Enda’s top table.
- The selling off of our coastal seaweed to foreign companies. One more (after water, gas, oil, fishing, etc) of our natural resources allowed to be exploited for elite private profit gain – some often mega companies and corporations not Ireland based in any way, shape of form (meaning vast profits exported).
- The scandal of the Corrib Shell case and the many antics of state employees, including elected, in allowing it all to happen or again, turning a blind eye like Enda stands accused to also.
- Corruption of the Gardaí with no one as yet, even remotely held legal accountable. Not likely either under any Fine Gael/Labour/Fianna Fail government. Enda just continued the state inquiries that would amount to no charges being brought.
- The corruption of the Courts. Under Enda and likely with is direct approval in many cases, one third of all judges appointed would be Fine Gael connected in some fashion. Add to this the fact that another one third of all elected Fine Gael members of the Dail and Seanad, under Enda’s rule were also landlords, you get a form of ‘insider trading’ where elected were making laws for themselves – and then being allowed vote on same to make them legal legislation. Incredible possible political corruption right under Enda’s daily stewardship.
- Speaking of insider trading style antics, another dose of similar, right under Enda’s nose and eyes, was from his friend Michael Noonan. He was given the ability to decide, if to ‘burn’ bondholders financially or not. The thing was however, he was a bondholder! From his state position, there was something here that didn’t sit right with many. No matter. Enda let him carry on.
- There was Enda’s Eviction Bill that gave the banks an ability to kick people out of their homes in two months rather than twelve. This immediately cause a huge wave of evictions (surprise, surprise) & families involved were deliberate left with far less time to try get their finances in order so they could save the roof over their heads. To date, the housing crises continues to worse as house prices again are rocketing – as are rental prices. Don’t forget about those 1/3 FG landlords, who voted for the eviction bill. They too then saw such people kicked out, take up accommodation within their own properties. Talk about also making a market for one’s self? All allowed and bill promoted by Enda Kenny.
- The continuation of the bank bailout. This quietly continuing, will eventually amass to a possible unfathomable amount in direct payments and additional cost to the general public through knock on effects. This combines with many terrible austerity continuations, see that an entire nation is being many times daily, forced to cough up their money for the mistakes of others. Enda here too, not only allowed this public financial screwing, through various policies he, himself pursued and backed (as requested by his EU masters?) such punishing policies.
- Enda’s policies saw to it that there was a reduction of social welfare for the nations young. They were re-classes in lower status, to an automatic less deserving status without any actual assessments on individual living condition taking place. If they were unfortunate to be young, they just got less.
- Enda’s role in the Economic Management Council – one that is argued, to have more power than our own government – has to be questioned. Its actions and closed door dealings have yet to become anyway decently transparent.
- The increased decimation of the health service. Despite two national elections, words spoke, leaflets printed, posters erected and PR does out by the bucketful about how Enda was going to lead the charge in improving things – matter got far worse in the extreme, not better.
- The decimation of the Defence Forces and more including essential emergency services, came again by Enda’s his own hand and rubber stamped order. It is stated by Irish media that in part, the later crashing of an emergency helicopter, the conditions that led to it being there in the first place and the unfortunate loss of lives, were somewhat down to cuts put in place by Enda Kenny himself while he held a previous lower elected office role. It’s likely that any report into the unfortunate sad accident that occurred, will have no reference to the cuts made but if by miracle it does, Enda’s name will be left out of it. Fine Gael can’t be having that on historic record?
- The scandal of continuing fluoride in our water. Despite indications from Fine Gael they might be willing to see sense under Enda Kenny, the imposed national drugging, without anyone’s express permission sought, continued under Enda Kenny. He and his fellow members even went out of their way, to vote down moves to remove the much hated, state enforced drugging.
Note: Ireland remains the only backward country in the European Union with a FG/FF/Labour mandate for water fluoridation. They have ensured their right to do this via the Health (Fluoridation of Water Supplies) Act of 1960. Over 4.8 Million Irish people are still subjected to artificially-fluoridated water. As regards the poison (legal classified as such), it is hydrofluorosilicic acid. This is corrosive to most metals, it eats through concrete and even Hazmat suits (impermeable whole-body garments must be worn to handle it as a gas may be released which damages the lungs. This and other adverse health effects are listed by NIOSH (US government agency). The poisoning of a Fine Gael/Fianna Fail government led nation, continues…
- The scandal of politicians’ pay and expenses rolls onward from Enda. While repeatedly denying increases to many state people including remaining essential service staff that have had to endure many Enda imposed equipment and other cuts, Enda and his party saw to it that they still are to gain as elected TD’s (Senators & local elected also), a yearly minimum wage bump of €2,500 a year, for the next few of years. after voting this measure through, to reward themselves further, they still are insisting there is no money in the state to pay other more ordinary people, or those that even protect them at times, the Garda – some who have to apply for additional Family Income Supplement just to get through a week in food or afford their still increasing rents/mortgages.
- The national scandal of elderly having to sell their hard-earned homes to pay for nursing care. This came about under Enda as another elderly financial punishing policy. Quietly brought in, it immediately put huge pressure on elderly that many felt, deserved to be able to finally take it easier after paying a lifetime of taxes, levies and charges in every direction. Enda and Fine Gael would continue to haunt them to their grave for any way to extract further possible money from them.
- The Jobsbridge complete mess. Criticised from the very start, some of the jobs offered as training have been nothing short as farcical. again truthfully, some have gained from the Jobsbridge experience – overall however, the scheme has been heavy criticised for many reason including that the scheme was yet another way for Enda and his party to massage unemployment numbers.
From week one in 2011 elected office, Enda has pursued an agenda of privatisation of once state services. Nothing has been immune from this agenda. Many departments has been hit by the chasing of this further Fine Gael imposed agenda. It’s now harder to find a department NOT hit by the Enda/TTIP agenda, than it is to find one that has escaped the privatisation onslaught. This matter is further discussed in greater length by UnitedPeople HERE. It is startling recommended reading.
- The sneaking in of Seetec, a private foreign company. This matter is gone into in greater detail also on the UnitedPeople site HERE but suffice to say Ireland citizens have been denied their full rights, exploited and their personal data has been given to this company (as with others) so that the company can see its eventual way to private profiting – while the same citizen becomes a spreadsheet commodity to be exploited for others financial gain. All this came about thanks to Enda Kenny and his self/Fine Gael imposed agenda of further population exploitation.
- Speaking of personal data, there is also the legal scandal quiet buried within the “Irish Water” creation legislation. There is a section, quiet sneaked in by Enda Kenny’s government which awards themselves the right to take people’s personal data and then turns it into a legal defined “asset” – one that a private company can then sell and pass on to anyone. None of this mandate was ever run by the people. The population of Ireland got no say or vote on the matter. That’s democracy in action for you not just under Enda’s reign but Fine Gael, Fianna Fail and Labour too, who also remained suspiciously silent on the matter – and still do.
- Enda in charge of the state and Fine Gael has allowed the continuing rape of our seas by foreign vessels – while home fishing business is made to suffer more. Irish fishermen have been reportedly faced with naval weapons (to chase them away and deny them a decent catch) while many, many international super-trawlers rake same time, vast amount of Ireland fish stock per hour. They are ignored due to a continued deal allowed by Enda Kenny and Fine Gael, to grab from the state huge amount of profitable assets that could have made its way back into the Irish economy – if Enda’s government was willing to do the right thing. For Enda’s terms, it wasn’t.
Ireland has given over €1 Billion of its natural economic resources to other EU countries and continues to do so. We do this while still trying to austerity recover and look for money from foreign banks and investors. In 2012 for example, Irish vessels fishing for the very valuable demersal species had a mere 4% of the European quota, for fishing within our own owned water. The rest is taken away by other EU vessels – a good bulk of it later resold back to us through manufactured products, to again foreign companies could profit while the states people loses out yet once more.
The result has been that through imposed restrictions alone, Ireland’s fishing industry has been badly devastated. Where coast communities once thrived and traditions in Irish families were passed down regarding skills and financial ability to thrive in the industry, what was gained in poor excessive return was resulting young people from same communities emigrating in numbers! They no longer allowed with their family and friends, to fish within their own nations, working waters.
Many see what has happened as an injustice to the economy of Ireland, its entire people and not just to fishermen and coastal communities that have been directly affected with devastating effect. Enda Kenny and Fine Gael has done little to reverse this situation except the equivalent of lip-service, a PR token tiny increase in small areas and continues to all the super-trawlers to devastate Ireland fish stocks, sea bed environment and other living creatures in our waters including dolphins. All are being destroyed as the super trawlers 20+ mile long, dredging nets
create daily havoc 365 days of the year. The people of Ireland are also not supposed to widely know this too, of course.
You can discover more on this topic HERE care of UnitedPeople.
- The burying of names to do with Ansbacher tax scandal. Some of which were elected FG family members, who were attempting to hide true financial amounts from the state. As can be said also for the still non-disclosure of the ‘Golden Circle’. This was another white-collar outfit that surrounded the time of Bertie. where they or he held accountable in legal court? No. Its surmised by many that to bring any of them to real court, would open a box of shocking information and revealed facts, exposing far greater corruption that was and still is, wide-spread in political/business connected circles.
Enda Kenny and his party too, refused to do what was right, expose truth and bring court accountability in those matters also. However, if you didn’t pay your for RTE TV licence, you would be hauled in to court far quicker! Ansbacher, the Golden Circle and more, were political and media buried under Enda Kenny’s terms of office. Redacted. Deliberately forgotten about. As a new leader steps more forward, here too nothing is expected to change in this matter also.
- The continued unwillingness to hold many people to legal account within an Irish court of law. Let’s all just have yet another state inquiry or tribunal instead? As Enda left office there was approximately 17+ inquiries, tribunal or commissions beginning, muddling through or ending. A few were started before Enda’s own terms began but all would (or still will) see the same inevitable outcome. That being, bugger all people that should be held legal court accountable for crimes, would be under Enda’s term of office, never see a court room unless they were just on a tour!
With so much clearly wrong, REAL criminal Garda investigations into people involved in such matters, would in Enda’s period not even dare be tried instigated. More ‘kicking of the can’, delaying tactics instead, yet again were instigated – where ‘someone was to blame’ but extreme few (PR token offerings to the public) would be held accountable.
- The unwillingness to hold to account those also that have given different multiple versions of events surrounding the disgraceful attacks on Mr McCabe. If anyone was going to be held to account regarding this affair, Enda himself would have to be held accountable also – along with Zappone TD who had her own multiple versions of same events. Is it likely that any persons who made life for a Garda and his extended family, a living hell, be held legal accountable and see the inside of a court room, chastised and punish in any way, shape or form? It sure wasn’t going to happen under Enda’s time of reign. No surprise there?
- As part of the 2011 PR sales pitch to the nation, there was great words spoken about how Enda Kenny, Leo Varadkar, Richard Bruton and more, were going to enthusiastically reduce the number of state still increasing quangos. Once Enda and co got into office, here too the spoken word and printed PR literature became consigned to history. more quangos were in fact created and more people – too attached to Fine Gael and those supporting it – were repeatedly awarded cosy paid positions on them. ‘Old politics’ antics continued.
- The scandal of the bank Guarantee files. The ones Enda Kenny said he could not find. Later, turning up in his own office!
- The secret deal that was not a secret deal, with Michael Lowry, to ensure FG took state office? In order that Fine Gael in its second terms, was able to reclaim government offices, one way or another, a majority Dail number had to be arrived at.
Despite one person being found extremely highly questionable in relation of a previous state awarded contract, that person was very much needed by Enda, to make up the numbers needed. Here too, Enda for own party purposes, would allow such questionable people to side with Fine Gael yet again, in order that Enda’s political party would take control of the state once again.
Was there a deal? Was there no quiet deal? Fine Gael says “No”- and perhaps the only real truth in the matter, is that the people of Ireland will never honestly know. Is “understanding” a new replacement for “deal” in Ireland – as “Rendition” is to “illegal cross border kidnapping without due process” in America?
All that remains from Enda, Fine Gael and others involved, is yet again old politics manoeuvring and some highly questionable circumstances. There is bugger all true honesty, as spoken about by Enda in 2011, on his first day as state leader.
- Enda refusing to take €13 Billion that is owed (back-taxes) to Ireland from Apple, combine also another dose of double-standards. and then spending €600K+ to legal fight a case, NOT to take it. This still crazy continues.
- The standing by silent while both Leo Varadkar and Simon Coveney openly lied to the nation over housing numbers and a crazy social welfare financial amount far overstated in PR lies. Non-biased national media had a field day with those two matters alone, pointing out the blatant lies. All of course, completely ignored by Enda Kenny and the rest of Fine Gael. Even worse, also ignored by independent and Fianna Fail, propping up Enda and co by agreement support.
- The continuing silence over many secret meetings held with lobbying companies beyond the Dail in distant hotels and other locations. All that have been not officially lodged in state records as having happened. During the first six months alone in office, Enda Kenny’s government met at least three times (that is known) with drug executives from Elan and spin-off Alkermes, a company that certainly has a colourful history.
As some meetings are held away from the Dail, there still is loopholes in the regulatory legislation regarding how they are recorded and what was discussed. Big business and certain politicians are all too aware of these legislation gaps and are perceived to be continuously still taking advantage of them.
Opposition to the ongoing Enda (and others) secret, non-noted meetings, has arisen many times. Suspected corruption occurring via politicians and officials, being either bullied (through lobby groups or individuals) or they receiving ‘benefits’ immediately (or promised, for later gain), has meant that corruption questions still continue, in regard to the obtaining of contracts via inducements, political party donations and more.
The Enda Kenny/Fine Gael government continues to lessen information that the public or journalists, can access. From quietly passing laws on their last day of 2011 term of office, to restrict information, to secret closed door meetings and being the only EU country to still impose bills for asking for such information, Enda Kenny has continued and increased citizens inability to get to the heart of matters.
Enda’s Creative Mind.
After Patrick ‘Bertie’ Ahern release his autobiography (shortly after appearing at a state tribunal where he said he could not remember a lot of things), there was a bit of national joking as to where his book was going to be physical placed in book shops. Should it have gone in the fiction section? The non-fiction section? …Or even the comedy or fantasy sections! For some, that debate continues.
In unconscious attempt to outdo a possible fiction writer, Enda Kenny himself would regular come out with his own stories. Some would briefly see the light of day in national media. Other too however, would be found and mention of them was then quickly avoided – for reasons we can only then guess at! Regardless of any attempts to bury such Enda Kenny yarns, a few were still spotted by people even if they didn’t gain mass publicity for the fiction that they were. Here is a few of those tall tales.
- There were the yarns about a man Enda Kenny stated he met. A man holding two pints – supposedly met on two separate occasions, spouting same fiction – each time tried passed off as reality by Enda. Others, again realising Enda was off spouting such wild stuff, quickly moved to re-spin the repeated fiction.
- The army soldiers around ATM’s. the yarn Enda came out about this one can be described as nothing short of ‘unreal’. More PR re-spinning ensued from those following behind Enda.
- The workers who couldn’t believe their pay cheques – so they thanked him he stated – however, it NEVER actually happened! The re-spin artists had their work cut out here also.
- He stated he was shooting rats while being a teacher. People were left scratching their heads at this one in incredibility.
- The time Michael Collins brought Lenin to Ireland – more Enda fiction. Enda in fact, inventing Irish and world history as he saw it in his own mind.
- “Emigrants just want to have fun” – Enda really pushed his luck there too – and insulted a hell of a lot of people – at home and abroad, from parents to their children.
- No tax changes due to austerity… This whopper of a lie was told on the international stage. While trying to convince Greece to accept EU demands for austerity measures to be imposed, Enda stated that Ireland, having to go through a similar process, had suffered no tax changes. His mind must have briefly slipped for a few seconds, as he forgot about 45+ of them?
- The conversation that never actually ever happened between himself and Zappone regarding the Maurice McCabe affair. Complete fiction from at least one of them. One of them at least, had a record of making up stuff – so who in the public’s eye, could be more trusted? Regardless, both coincidently decided to drop the accusations of the other lying rather than be a big element that might cause a national election.
- Enda stated that he saw or knew (depends on which FG spin artist you hear out) about needles falling out of bags during an international bike race – much to the astonishment of many that was at the same race. So far, it’s never been proved that it ever happened!
- The most recent gaff, quickly ignored by biased media, was when Enda spoke to many during a St Patrick Day USA visit. He stated publicly from a podium that he was getting people complaining to him. Why? Because he had created so much employment in Ireland, that the employed workers were blocking up national roads. So he had others giving out to him for doing such a wonderful job!
Really Listening To The People?
The political PR from many a Fine Gael politician was and still is, that they are forever listening to their voters of Ireland. This is true – in part at least. They have been listening. What they won’t admit to, however, is that they, having heard what little they wanted to – they then deliberately moved on, leaving behind those voices giving them a mandate, all too often – for the sake of then pursuing their own self-invented agenda or one ordered from EU offices.
What many current and future biased media outlets hope the people of today and tomorrow also forget, is what the citizens themselves, husbands, wives, children, single people, hetero/non-hetero, etc, had to suffer and endure. After listening to maybe, a fraction of the people, Fine Gael under Enda Kenny then moved on to inflict the following. Remember, the following only mainly applies to the years of suffering inflicted upon the people since the Enda Kenny 2011 and 2016 election terms.
- Fuel Allowance Scheme CUT.
- Rent Allowance CUT.
- Clothing & Footwear Allowance CUT.
- Disability Allowance entitlement age changed and not in a good way.
- Disability Allowance rates CUT.
- Carer’s Allowance CUT.
- Telephone Allowance AXED completely.
- One-Parent Family Benefit CUT.
- Child Benefit CUT – at three times under FG & Labour.
- Illness benefit qualifying period RAISED – so harder to gain.
- Invalidity Pension CUT.
- Bereavement Grant AXED completely.
- USC Charge Imposed.
- VAT RAISED.
- College Fees RAISED (remember Labour election promises on this one?)
- Unemployment benefit for under 25s CUT.
- Medical cards taken off the sick, elderly and terminally ill.
- Insurance Levy imposed.
- Local Property Tax introduced.
- Local services starved of finance – LPT proceeds donated to starving bankers.
- A gift card tax was sneaked quiet in.
- PSO tax levy introduced (increased in 2016 alone, from €1 to near €7 a month)
- DIRT raised to 41%
- Capital means test more than halved.
- HSE disability mobility allowance – axed.
- Increased taxes on bank admin and usages.
- Evictions? Just one year: 2014… 482 cases for home repossessions. 608 others forced to give away their homes. By June 2015 – 8,000+ further civil bills for more repossessions. Since then, the numbers have just continued to grow and grow…
- Allowing ONE man alone to have mass control over our newspapers, magazines, national policing barriers used (to make a private profit), Portakabin usage to house homeless FG helped create far more, radio, TV, water services, national petrol contracts to our Garda/army/ambulance services, have an air flight company, no criminal investigation of the ESAT contract and how that came about? Bungs money towards FG and individuals within it, buying hospitals, water related companies, threatened and intimidated over 18 national journalists. (What has happened to Irish laws, never mind also additional European, regarding monopolies? They too conveniently ignored. Enda Kenny, Eamon Gilmore, Joan Burton, Simon Coveney, Leo Varadkar, total Fine Gael, all continue to do NOTHING to turn the tide here alone or address such matters)
- Trying to ram TTIP as quiet as possible down the throats of the Irish people. They still are trying quietly. The ongoing attempts are just not media published. Redacted.
- Trying to ram still water re-bills (as the public are paying already through housing and motor tax) down the throats of the Irish population with a single private registered company.
- Trying to ram forced health insurance business contracts down our throats.
- Sold off or attempted to sell off Irish forestry (temp’ defeated for the moment but those keen to grab the land will be back by another method.), fishing rights, gas, oil, bus services, road services, health care, water services, welfare services, council services, education services and more. Its roads, the national flight industry, even the national lottery service and on and on… All to private individuals and enterprises, instead of keeping them for the Irish nation and long-term gaining from their full invested capital and eventual greater positive return. Many people have seriously asked over and over, many a time, at the time… “Where is the sanity in all this?” Fine Gael under Enda Kenny was certainly not telling. They, it, he, continued to even duck the question? Playing deaf and avoidance yet again.
So the question has to be asked: “Could Fine Gael under Enda Kenny justifiably claim that they were listening to the people of Ireland – and acted upon those voices by following their mandate? many say “No”. It is the opinion of many that Enda Kenny and Fine Gael just churned ahead with it’s own mandate after all too quickly, forgetting many voices they might have heard even just seconds before.
End As You Started. That Was Good Old Enda…
You are most certainly not meant to know it but one of Enda Kenny’s last acts before quitting, was to give a now ex-FG councillor, a rewarding position on the district court system. This was quickly sneaked in before Shane Ross sees his proposed judicial reform legislation go further into law. Mr Ross in fact, has been very quiet about what some media is hinting at, to be the latest possible dose of FG cronyism.
The man that got the job has subsequently suffered a loss of memory. He says he can’t remember attending Enda Kenny’s private exit party. Go figure! It must have been a hell of a party that night, to then lose all memory of it! We know FG is a hell of a party, full stop!
(Since taking office, 1/3 of all judges appointed have FG connections)
When it came to listening to the people under the Enda Kenny in charge period, that is one area of possible contention and opinion that might be discussed in years and decades to come. What will in part, also be talked about, is the inability at times of Mr Kenny to converse at all. Enda Kenny’s Dail time for answering question put to him, often became at times, a regular unfunny joke. His ducking and diving in giving a straightforward answer was becoming a regular process to behold.
Many times other TD’s would ask him a question that could simply be answered “Yes” or “No” but Enda in his continuing dodging skill, always found some alternate, often long-winded, change of direction words, to giving an easy positive or negative reply.
Given Enda’s ability to get creative with truth and produce inventive fiction at times, his PR people did their best in the latter years, to more so keep him out of awkward situations. If TV live debate were called for, in one case, someone else (Gilmore from Labour) was sent in place of Enda. There was the all too familiar cosy, one on one chats with select RTE interviewers but every excuse possible was used to avoid TV3 interviews either pre-recorded or especially in live situations.
Fearing whatever next might just slip out from Enda orally in a less controlled, pressure environment, his PR team used every excuse and method to tightly designate where, how and when he would speak. Even then, as you shall read down further, Enda Kenny still managed to slip out occasional ‘whoppers’ despite some questions still possible known in advance.
The National 83% Call Completely Ignored.
Enda Kenny and Fine Gael made a big song and dance about it. It would be a form of people’s democracy in action, was the FG PR spin. The created Constitutional Convention would allow the people of Ireland to have a say in matters pertaining to the running of the state.
It would allow discussion, vote and a concluding report from them. It all in turn producing a list of items they wished the ‘all listening and great’ Fine Gael government, to put before the rest of the people for judgement on.
That was part of the sales pitch for the Constitutional Convention. Like we have seen many times under Enda Kenny’s reign, concluding reality would be very much different.
All was apparently going soothingly till later it because apparent that those participating in the convention, had in fact too much a mind of their own. Rather than just ‘rubber-stamp’ carefully agenda meeting topics, the people had the fortitude and ideas to seek better. One of these items was Participatory Democracy.
Without giving you the full width and breath of this large topic in itself, the short version is that;
(a) the public could hold local and national bad elected, far more accountable – quicker,
(b) the ability to better bring up topics that affects their daily lives and offer solutions,
(c) the right to create national referendums if there was fair, just procedures followed, backed by a defines percentage of the national public – in just wanting a question to be put before the people for their further approval or disapproval.
It is a tried and tested method called also “true democracy” in its core form. Other countries have adopted it, are in the process of adopting it or are using some of its parts to better their own country. When the constitution convention concluded its deliberations, Participatory Democracy would be the highest item called for, by a massive 83% supporting vote, to be put to the people for their vote on.
Older parties starting with Fine Gael, Labour, Fianna Fail and others therefore deliberate COMPLETE avoided that vote. They read parts of the concluding report that suited their own ideology and agenda. The 83% vote was ignored. Even RTE news did it’s best not to mention it.
In order however, to keep up the PR pretence that the convention was successful as far as Fine Gael was concerned – they much needed any PR win – they then carefully picked other select items from the list of things discussed at the convention. There were other items that were far lower down the list of voted for matters. In order to say that the people had been listened to completely, Fine Gael took from the concluding report that the people sought a referendum instead based on the issue of ages of president candidates. Should they be lowered? The top most called for item was utterly blanked, quickly forgotten about as soon as they could bury it – and that burial remains deep hidden away from public attention, to this very day.
The presidential referendum Enda Kenny later did give to the people, turned out by vote, to be exposed as a farce. On the same day that over one million turned out to choose improvement of Irish marriage laws, to the presidential referendum also same day presented to the nation, only 500,000+ even bothered to vote for that ballot paper question. All voters on the day, were given the two ballot papers to topic vote on! Many citizens it seemed, could not be bothered with the much lesser item dug out from the Constitution Convention concluding report.
With the complete ignoring of the top 83% matter, an item wanted by those that participated across the country in the Constitution Convention, the question that was quickly asked and still being asked is “Why was then and still now, the top item being undemocratic, complete ignored by the usual corrupt parties?”
In truth, the answer lay within the very question.
If someone or some organisation is up to no good… If same knows of wrong doings and fears their exposure will bring themselves down too… The last thing any rotten person or political party would want, is to see themselves held far more accountable to the nation though a good system in place. So it is that the top 83% Constitution Convention remains avoided being even put to the people for further discussion – by the parties that even now stick out like a sore thumb as their silence on the matter, is deafening.
You won’t have to look too far, to see which ones is unwilling to do what’s right and actually more democratic!
Many people feel that Enda Kenny has further taken Ireland and its people, to that latter point. With Enda at the helm of Fine Gael – and members of Fine Gael consistently allowing it (along with Labour and Fianna fail propping them up at different times), the direction taken by Enda’s political driving, put more and more regular fear into people’s hearts and in time, hurt their financial pockets repeatedly.
On the 20th of May, 2017, The Irish Times ran an article wrote by Fintan O’Toole. Title: “Leo or Simon? It doesn’t matter much.“ It went on to state “To home owners with health insurance, the Fine Gael leadership contest is an interesting political battle. To the disaffected citizens, renters and invalids of post-austerity Ireland, it will make no difference.” Therein lay the truth!
The article concentrated on the FG leadership content. For weeks before and in the coming days after, there would be similar articles about the new leader of Fine Gael. At the end of the day however, for those that were already left suffering, screwed, conned, lied to, misdirected and outright refused either legal recourse, trod on by an Enda Kenny government or denied significant information, would be left to further suffer under the leadership of the next face to replace Enda’s, at the FG management and government top table.
It makes NO matter who is now heading up the continuation of Fine Gael, top table, own self-adopted agenda. The replacement that takes over the FG party and government, will continue the same practises and methods used by their Enda Kenny predecessor. If they remarkably don’t – they will quietly drop a few without (a) saying why or (b) holding to account those that previous practised them. Why? In part because those at the top table stood by such practises – all too silent and in backing previously.
So the government bullying by state legal methods will continue. The bullying will continue by state companies and those quietly hired from the private sector. The lies and misdirection attempts will continue. The new leader and other FG members that have openly, blatantly lied while promoting a FG view, will never be held to account by the Fine Gael party. The Fine Gael quiet privatisation agenda will continue. The personal data giveaway and exploitation of people’s own rights to it, will continue.
The Fine Gael party will make continuing, occasional media noises along the lines of “It’s a shocking carry on – and we will not stand for it. Let’s hold another inquiry, a tribunal, an investigation commission…” – while they know that at the same time, Seetec and Turas Nua for example, are right now, outright treating people like dirt, misusing them for private company profit, bullying them and attempting to still override their rights.
It took 30+ years to get any form of review of previous religious matters. maybe in another 30+ years the state might get same in connection to events and abuses happening RIGHT NOW, to Irish citizens?
What will also continue – and is now of URGENT CRITICAL IMPORTANCE – is the giveaway of people’s personal data, to other state and worse, private companies. ALL without express written or even oral permission sought, from the people involved. Those that are few asked to give their data away, are being quietly, sneaky being threatened by clever worded state and company phrasing and intimidations. Financial cut-off or denial of state services, work licences etc, are made if citizens don’t allow their data to be given away. Fine Gael know this is going on as do other parties, but willing to do nothing to defend the Irish people. Like TD Catherine Murphy previously found out with Enda Kenny, top elected are non-responsive to again do what is right by the people – their employers.
All the above and far more has been brought about, increased etc by Enda Kenny at the helm of the state and of his party. What you have read above is only us scratching the surface of what has more full gone on under the leadership of Enda Kenny.
Much more easily, could have been added above.
All the above had gone on under the ears and eyes of Leo Varadkar, Simon Coveney and every Fine Gael member and supporters, for over six years now. Have they stood up, challenged Enda Kenny in allowing matters to get worse? Have they challenged Enda or anyone in order to seek truth exposed and accountable justice? No. A change of leadership of Fine Gael is clearly looking to bring more of the same, as before.
All the above has gone on under the present Fianna Fail party and select independents who still, sickeningly, are propping up Fine Gael and keeping them in power – so they can further continue on as before. is this new politics? No. To many, it’s just more of the same tired old political crap – from a usual batch of rotten!
Enda Kenny did have rare moments indeed that had potential to be advantageous to Ireland and its people. Mr Kenny did have also the occasional reason to celebrate. He was in office when such things as the successful “Yes” vote regarding rights for marriage equality. There was flashes of brief possibility where Enda Kenny could have rose to true legendary status within Ireland history – but he was his own worst enemy too – and that’s what ultimately took a great shine off his roller-coaster status.
Has the world seen the back of him? It’s suspected, very much not. Someone in the EU might see to it that he gains a reward for his loyalty there. More high wages and additional pensions, if that’s the case. When he ultimately quits being a TD in the Dail, he takes with him a reported €3 Million pension pot (€126,000 a year for the rest of his life – €2423.076 a week), a €378,000 termination lump sum and still a few other perks for the rest of his life. He also reportedly, has waiting for him, a small additional teacher pension. Nice if you can get it all too?
The Much Needed Change.
From the above that’s wrote – and even if you disagree with 50% of it – it’s very clear that our present underlying political system is in serious need of an overhaul. Not just more window-dressing and just swapping of faces from old familiar parties, unwilling to do what is ultimately needed. The evidence from the Enda Kenny terms of high office speak for themselves. There is far more decades of evidence that could be produced,. to show fundamental democratic improvements are needed.
UnitedPeople seeks the needed improvements, along with much more. These improvements are enshrined as an objective to aim for, in our very constitution. Just the usual five year national election process of changing faces, is not good enough any more towards creating better accountability. In an hour or even minutes, in the faster world we live in, millions in revenue can be lost through poor elected or hired representation. If we just continue to allow this or allow the political, financial, corrupt crap to status quo continue, the country yet again will continue to eventually, gravely suffer. Real lives will once again be facing harsh living condition that could have been all or to some great degree, avoided and prepared for.
This is why UnitedPeople seeks many things but its founding is based on re-introducing Participatory Democracy – to make any elected far more accountable from any level – faster and to the people, at all times. Not just every five years!
Enda Kenny is a typical example of why foundation change is very much needed. That should be the outcome of his full legacy while running/ruining the Irish state. Not just one of perhaps making Fianna Fail look good again as a lesser of other evils!
P.S. This report like many things before from UnitedPeople, will most likely be deliberate ignored. Not just by Fine Gael but by others too, as they don’t wish to further expose matters raised within it. By acknowledging even, the existence of this lengthy report, they know they will draw attention to UnitedPeople – and possible issues they have not addressed themselves and don’t wish to make their own members more aware of this.
They know that they would draw attention to some very serious matters that really demand real proper answers and actions of true accountability, where there is still none. The wish to see none of the above further exposed, will mean likely that this report too will be quietly blanked too and ignored by biased media and political elected alike!
That as it maybe, UnitedPeople one way or other peacefully, will continue to try share greater truth and information to the people of Ireland.
All deserve no less.